DEGREE PATH & GRADUATION


Degree Path

The Degree Programs (D.B.S., A.B.S., and B.B.S.) offered at Maranatha Bible College ("MBC") are made possible through its Affiliate relationship with Calvary Chapel Bible College ("CCBC"). Students pursuing a degree are able to complete about 25% of their degree at Affiliate Schools such as MBC. The remaining 75% of their degree (including General Studies courses) may be completed directly through CCBC (i.e. Murrieta Campus, Costa Mesa Campus, Distance Learning, or Teaching Sites). The following information is designed to help students navigate the pursuit of their degree.

How Many Courses Can I Take at MBC?

Students may take as many courses at MBC as they would like, however, only a certain amount of semester credits will transfer to CCBC and count toward graduation:

Students pursuing the Diploma in Biblical Studies (D.B.S.) or the Associate of Biblical Studies (A.B.S.) may take up to 18 semester credits at MBC before transferring to CCBC (i.e. Murrieta Campus, Costa Mesa Campus, Distance Learning, or Teaching Sites).

Students pursuing the Bachelor of Biblical Studies (B.B.S.) degree may take up to 36 semester credits at MBC before transferring to CCBC (i.e. Murrieta Campus, Costa Mesa Campus, Distance Learning, or Teaching Sites).

* Please visit CCBC's Affiliate Schools page for a chart describing the transferring of semester credits taken at Affiliate Schools such as MBC.

Does MBC Offer General Studies Courses?

No. MBC does not offer General Studies courses at this time, however, CCBC does!

The Associate of Biblical Studies (A.B.S.) and Bachelor of Biblical Studies (B.B.S.) degrees require specific General Studies (G.S.) courses to be earned through CCBC or transferred from a separate, accredited college (min. of 18 G.S. credits for the A.B.S., a min. of 36 G.S. credits for the B.B.S.). Technical, non-academic, and vocational courses are not acceptable for transfer, nor are courses that are below college level (such as remedial community college courses). Proof of high school completion is required for admission.

* Please visit CCBC's Affiliate Schools page for a chart describing the transferring of semester credits taken at an accredited institution.

What if I Have Already Taken More Than 18-36 Semester Credits at MBC?

Students who have already taken more than the 18-36 semester credits will be able to transfer their earned credits prior to the new transfer policy takes full effect. The following table shows how CCBC is phasing in the new transfer policy:

GRADUATING SEMESTER: Fall 2018 Spring 2019 *Fall 2019
MAXIMUM TRANSFER CREDITS FROM AFFILIATES: 54 for D.B.S.
54 for A.B.S.
54 for B.B.S.
36 for D.B.S.
36 for A.B.S.
36 for B.B.S.
18 for D.B.S.
18 for A.B.S.
36 for B.B.S.

* Starting with the Fall 2019 semester, CCBC's new Affiliate School transfer policy will be in full effect for all future semesters.

Tracking Your Progress is Easy!

It is the student’s responsibility to track their graduation progress and enroll in classes needed for graduation. Students are encouraged to check with the Registrar’s Office to be sure they are on track. (Students may supplement their studies by enrolling in classes through CCBC's Distance Learning program if needed. All Distance Learning fees apply.)

Use the Graduation Worksheet below to plan and track you progress.


Graduation Process

Potential graduates must sign up for a graduation interview in the Registrar’s Office when they register for their last semester. They will review records, resolve academic conflicts, verify degree level and complete a petition to graduate during the graduation interview. In addition, we will schedule the graduation ceremony rehearsal and various meetings for the graduates at that time. This must be completed no later than the 8th week of the final semester for that student.

Graduation Fee
A graduation fee of $50 is required for all Maranatha Bible College students.

Graduation Policy
MBC and CCBC trains people for Christian living, ministry, and leadership; this training requires a high standard of conduct as measured by the Scriptures. Students who, in the evaluation of the faculty and administration, do not demonstrate Christ-like character during their degree or certificate program may not be approved for graduation. Students must be approved by the administrative staff to obtain graduate status prior to graduation. Fulfillment of course requirements alone does not guarantee approval for graduation. MBC and CCBC reserves the right to dismiss students at any time for any reason deemed appropriate by the administrative staff, whether doctrinal, academic or behavioral. Prior to graduation the student may be required to provide additional and/or updated information to ensure accuracy and a complete file.